Ethics in the Title Industry is designed to address title-related ethical issues. All title industry professionals, from closers to legal counsel and from owners to administrative assistants, would benefit from taking this course.
The course is online/self study; students will read the materials and complete a course quiz. The course can be completed in around 2 hours. Access to the course expires one year from the date of enrollment.
Ethics in the Title Industry Objectives:
- Introduce students to the basic rules and regulations surrounding the land title industry and the federal, state and local agencies responsible for compliance regarding those rules and regulations.
- Acquaint students with the need for proper funds management.
- Expose students to common fraud schemes and provide methods for avoiding/preventing fraud in the industry.
- Introduce students to the ALTA Principles of Fair Conduct and discuss how they can act as a guide to assisting title companies and employees.
- Acquaint students with some of the personal ethical challenges that they may face on the job and provide basic guidance on how to avoid pressure and temptation on the job.
- Discuss how companies can create a code of ethics in order to set firm objectives for their employees.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course, a student will be able to download a certificate of course completion.
Continuing Education Credit
Credit is available in certain states.
Members: $150 / Non-Members: $225